Our collaborative approach with government agencies, universities, other national laboratories and industry partners is the key to creating the greatest impact through policy development, capacity building and technological advances. Since 1988, we have facilitated relationships between the U.S., China and Berkeley Lab in order to build scientific capabilities and facilities in the area of energy and the environment.
For our full program website, please visit: china.lbl.gov
- Cutting-edge research in energy data, long-term energy modeling, smart and resilient cities, and urban infrastructure
- Unique tools and guidebooks that make the measurement of energy use easier to predict, control and analyze
- Exchange programs between students and officials in both China and the U.S.
- Development of clean power and smart grid integrations
- Technical assistance with high-performance buildings and products
Our work provides a deeper understanding of the dynamics and global impacts of China’s energy use and promotes a path to recipient self-reliance and resilience.